The world is moving through unprecedented times with the Covid-19 outbreak and we are all feeling the effects. Between the devastating bush fires and droughts early in the year and now with Covid, Queensland is doing it tough. While the earth is having a reset, the small communities that depend on tourism to survive are being hit hard. So, when we can, we must help. We are encouraging everyone to holiday at home this year and support local. Here are a few things you can do:
- Start planning your holiday at home- join and follow your local (@VisitFraserCoast) and state (@queensland) tourism organisations for inspiration and deals. Share with your friends your ultimate bucket list.
- Purchase supplies and souvenirs from local operators.
- Share pictures of your holiday using the #thisisqueensland hashtag and tagging @Queensland. Some mentions are #visitfrasercoast @visitfrasercoast , #holidayherethisyear @HolidayHereThisYear , #thesweetescape @sweet.escape.yacht.charters
Whether it’s for a weekend or a week, get out there and explore your backyard! Here at Sweet Escape Yacht Charters, we’re standing by ready to welcome you to the Fraser Coast.
Here’s why we know you’ll love chartering a yacht in the Great Sandy Strait and Fraser Island waters…
Why the Fraser Coast?
The Fraser Coast, in particular Hervey Bay and Fraser Island, is one of the leading destinations for both Australian and international visitors. The natural experiences are astounding and the sailing is first class. A yacht charter is the best way to combine the best of both worlds and see as much as possible.
- Fraser Island- One of the World’s Best – Fraser Island is the largest sand Island in the world and is world heritage listed for its natural beauty – and in 2019 became the world’s first Whale Heritage Site.
- Coloured sands & every hue of blue – The west coast of Fraser Island truly is a stunning location that has to be seen to be believed. From the white silica sands that create the ultimate backdrop for the crystal-clear waters, to the alluring coloured sand cliffs to climb for the ultimate sunset spot, everywhere you look is magic.
- Dive, Snorkel, Swim and Fish – There are numerous spots in the Great Sandy Strait and Fraser Island waters where you’ll find exceptional fishing, snorkeling, spearfishing and diving… the only thing is deciding what to do first!
- Unique and untouched – Unlike the busy waters of the Whitsundays, sailing the waters of Fraser Island and the Great Sandy Strait is almost like sailing in a world of your own. Even at the most popular anchorages, you mightn’t see another boat for miles.
- Whales– In 2019, Hervey Bay became the world’s first Whale Heritage Site and for good reason. The sheltered waters provide a safe haven for the whales to stop and rest, and teach their new calves all the tricks. Enjoy watching these majestic creatures from the privacy of your own floating platform, escaping the crowds, for a truly exclusive encounter.
Yacht Hire Hervey Bay, Fraser Coast
Clearly, the Fraser Coast is an amazing destination. But if you’re not yet convinced that a bareboat charter is the best way to explore the region, consider the following:
- Choose Your Own Adventure – Experience the freedom of skippering your own vessel. Build your own itinerary and have the flexibility to make changes any time you want.
- No License Required – Don’t have a boating license? No problem. Some experience is essential but no license is required for a Yacht Charter in the Fraser Island waters
- Bareboating Doesn’t Mean Your Yacht Is Bare – Our vessels are fully equipped with all the essentials for your sailing holiday. Just bring your bathers! Download our free ‘Packing for our Sweet Escape Checklist’ here.
- Experience the Luxury of a Private Chartered Yacht – The privacy and intimacy of bareboat sailing already spells luxury. We can also arrange for a sail guide and cook for that extra touch of bliss.
- Giving back – We have made a pledge to help protect and sustain our natural world and give back where we can. One of the ways we do this is by donating a percentage of every sale to initiatives that help protect and restore and environmental non-profits that are at the forefront of creating a healthier planet.
Are you ready to ESCAPE? Do you have any queries about the SWEET ESCAPE? We’re excited to speak with you about your #sweetescape so get in touch with our team now for more details and to hear about our Sweet Escape holiday specials !
Sailing Holidays: www.sweetescapecharters.com.au
Socials: @sweet.escape.yacht.charters- Find us on Instagram, Facebook, Pintrest and Youtube!
Call: 0431 323 089
Don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any great ideas, photos, videos or feedback you would like to share!